http://www.indore360.com/middlep15_image/ti2.jpg(If you are seeing this in PDF, and want to see the complete article with pictures, videos and more, Please visit The Best Portal of Indore City at www.indore360.com today!)
A few months back we came up with a list of 51 Things to do in Indore. It has become so popular - and was missing so many things - that many people and visitors to this site have reminded me time and again to update it , to add new things.
So here is a new, FRESH and Latest list of 100 best things of Indore. From Food, People, Events and Places to Indori Slang...everything is there....check out for yourself. And whatever you like, dislike, do comment your views. Better yet, its lively with pictures from Indore .
Thanks for your time.
101 Best Things of Indore - Food, Places, People and Events! Read on..
The fact is, Indore has changed Big Time, so this list had to change too! People enjoying Indori Food at 56 Dukaan.
1. O Bhiyao! - The special Indorian way of calling people. No where else they call someone like that.
2. Kya Chal riya hai - Get used to it!
3. Instantaneous magic shown by Dahi wada shop at Sarafa. When you go to Sarafa and order a Dahi Wada, you will get a great
performance too, compliments of the chef!
4. Metro Taxi : A new way of comfortable luxury in Indore. Enjoy your own Chauffer driven car ride.
5. Indore City Bus: Lifeline of new Indore. Reach any damned place in indore thru the New Bus services.
6. 56 Dukaan - An array of 56 shops where you can eat all sorts of food. Cold, Hot, Variety, International, Indian and
what not...a Must visit place.
7. Love Garden at Nehru Stadium: Name says it all. Do you want me to tell you more?
8. Gurukrupa Restaurant at Sarvate Bus Stand - The food here is unforgettable. Every time i go there its something different!
9. Lal balti ki Allo Kachori at Rambagh
10. Famous Ganthiya Bhel at Malganj (near Biyabani Indore).
11. Radio Mirchi 98.4 FM- Many few people know this, but Indore was the first place where the FM Radio Mirchi launched.
12. Indore Museum
13. Meghdoot Garden
14. Ralamandal Wild Life Century
15. Bilavali Talab Ã¢â‚¬â€œ
16. Pipliya Pala
17. Yashwant Sagar Dam
18. Train Journey from Indore to Choral
19. Special Indore Food: Dal-baati, Poha-Jalebi, Sabudana Khichdi
20. Chappan Dukan and Sikh mohalla's chaat.. chole tikiya and pani puri made in pure ghee
21. Indore Zhanki: An all-night procession marking the end of 10-day Ganesh Uutsav (Festival) on Aanant Chaturthi. Zhaki are moving Tableaux
structure decorated with bright lights, flowers accompanied with music, dances, and 'aakhade'... This is more than an 100 year old, Indore's unique
tradition... of which Indoris are very proud of!
22. 14th August night 12 O Clock: You have to be at Indore's heart, Rajwada to believe what you see!! Thousands of people dancing and
celebrating India's Independance Celebration sharp at 12 at night!
23. Participate in the Holi procession (gair) on Holi. Better yet, on Rangpanchmi
24. Go to M.T. Cloth Market - not to buy anything - but just to hone your driving skills.
25. Eat Freshly cooked hot corn dogs on Indore -Dewas Road.
26. Go a little ahead for the Devi Darshan at Chamunda temple on Dewas hills (tekri).
27. Spend a day at the Mayank Blue Water Park.
28. Go for jogging at the Lalbaugh Palace - in the morning. You'll love it here. Also, the gates of Lalbaugh are a replica of the gates of
Buckingham Palace, London.
29. On the Khajuri Bazar- Sarafa crossroads take time to taste the food at Vijay chat house.
30. Take a stroll down Sarafa at night - preferably between 9 pm to 12 midnight.
31. Go for Dandiya Raas at the Abhay Prashal (Basketball compelx ain't too bad either).
32. Shop for some good books at the sunday market in Khajuri bazaar. (or any day for that matter.)
33. Lotus Hut (MG Road): Cold Coffee with backed Kachori & Samosas
34. Buddy's Cafe (MG Road): Cofee with nice music in open air (not sure if its still there)
35. Fruit Salad & Shikanji (Kothari Market)
36. Pani Puri (Near Gurudwara, Kothari Market)
37. Long Drive on bypass road
38. Visit to Phonocom, NaiDuniya LifeStyle Utsav, Malwa Utsav
39. In Winter, go down to JainSri Gajak center in Nandlalpura.
40. Monica Galaxy icecream is an all time favorite. Its available at 4-5 venues, including M G Road.
41. If you feel like eating good food - go to Sarvate bus stand, and wait for your turn at Gurukrupa restaurant.
42. Drive down to Bijasan - make sure you have enough time at hand - their are lots of places to see on the way.
43. If you are on the religious side - do visit Bada Ganapati, Khajrana, Gomatgiri, Indreshvar temple, white church, gurudwara and the mosque.
44. You must be wondering where the hell is Treasure Island. Well here it is :-). One of the biggest malls of Central India and Indore. It has
been awarded for its style and architecture. It is the home of some big brands including Pantaloon, Big Bazzar, Peter England, Reebok, Mochi, PVR
and much more.
45. Talking of malls, do visit Mangal City. ItÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s a relatively small, but good mall. You can catch a flick at the Adlabs.
46. For a nice movie and break from the city crowd (did i say that?) go to Mangal City or Orbit mall. What the heck - go to Velocity near Bombay
47. Go to the indore city zoo and must see the TALL Cricket bat signed by Gavaskar and his team of the 1971 win against West Indies.
48. Enjoy a nice night in a classical musical concert at the Gandhi hall.
49. Drink Ghamandi ki lassi at Sapna Sangeeta.
50. Spend a day at Nakhrali Dhani rau. Make sure you dont eat anything one day earlier.
51. One day at Tinchafaal will refresh you and rejuvenate your energy levels.
52. Enjoy a worldclass "Paan" at the Parshwanath's on M G Road. If you dont want to make a u-turn just go to Karnawats.
53. Feel like some adventure sports? ok..just sports? Go to FunCity, or Shellcity with family and friends. Even alone is fine..you'll find someone.
54. Save some bucks and go on a shopping spree - Porwal dresses for traditional, Hakoba, then Pakiza and may be Madanlal Chaganlal or Punjab
jwellers to get something to match your clothes.
55. Its Indore. And you didn't have any sweets yet? Go to Apna Sweets, or Mathurawala. I love those pastries.
56. If you like to see the student life, just drive down to Takshshila campus - or to Khandwa Road, Bhawarkua and you will see what i mean.
57. Jail Road. Dont be Scared - i am not sending you in custody. Just on a stroll to one of the biggest cellphone market of central India. Your
will see the likes of almost all big brands in the world here at Novelty Market. Beware of the thugs though.
58. Go to Hinkar giri for a good day -really- away from the city.
59. Take a bus to Mhow and if possible get the permission in advance to enter the Army area and see many things you only imagined.
60. Go to Pithampur Indorama temple.
61. If you like Historical places, your best bet would be Mandu. Its 2 hrs from Indore but worth spending a day or two. Specially in rainy season.
62. Monday is a good day to go to Ujjain- the city of lord Shiva. Must visit Mahakaleshwar temple.
63. For some south indian Meenaxi temple styled artwork - go to Annapurna Temple. There are some nice pictures of Annapura Mandir in our
Indore photo gallery..check them out.
64. While you are in the area, visit Futi Kothi - the fort without a roof...It is said that the roof was built many times but it never stayed. Every
time it was blown away by some natural calamity or enemy attack.
65. Enjoy a fun filled evening at the fair on Karbala Maidan.
66. A day at Siyaganj is a day of a business. Must visit to see the economic capital of MP.
67. "Dawa Bazaar" the place that see millions of dollars worth of medicines go in and out everyday..a must see.
68. CAT the Center of Latest technology is India's main Research center on Laser technology. See if you can get a visit to CAT.
69. Spend a day at Rajwada and the markets around. Rajwada is the only palace with a 7 storeyed entrance.
70. Goto Gaurda tirth in Dev Guaradia - just 8 kms away from Indore.
71. Visit the "kaanch mandir". Its a jain temple with beautiful art work of glass. Atop is a special glass chamber.
72. Omkareshwar is just 77 km away from indore. An island on the confluence of the rivers Narmada and Kaveri. Enjoy a boat ride in Narmada.
73. Go for a stroll in Sindhi Colony. Not only you will see all variety of shops with stuff at unbeatable price, but you will also find all the movies
that youÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ve ever heard of (pirated, ofcourse). And if you are lucky, you can get hooked too!
74. Maheshwar, which is just 90 kms away, is mentioned in Ramayan and Mahabharat as Mahismati. It was the capital of Rani Ahilya Bai holkar.
75. Bandhavgarh, Bhedaghat, Bhimbetka, Bhojpur and Bhopal are some other places nearby, that you should plan to visit.
76. Panchmarhi is a jewel in MP with its enchanting green shades, mountains, springs and much more.
77. A day spent in exhibitions in gandhi haal, or abhay prashal is a day utilized.
78. Go get groovy at Volcano -the disc on Dhakkan wala kuan - shake it baby!! (or you may want to try the one in Orbit mall).
79. Go bowling - or play pool at the Sayaji in Vijaynagar.
80. A Train Journey from Indore to Choral
81. Dussehera Celebrations: Visit to any of places where huge effigies of Ravan are burnt. Some even more than 100 feet tall... Go to Dussehera
Maidan to see the authentic one preceded by Ram-leela.
82. If you are one of those sports fans, you can catch some good sporting activities either at the Chimanbaugh field Ã¢â‚¬â€œ generally softball games.
Vaishnav Stadium Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Mostly football and Cricket activities. Or, you can simply go to the Indore Stadium.
83. Checkout the best engineering institutes of Indore Ã¢â‚¬â€œ GSITS, DAVV IET Campus. Daly College is also worth seeing. If you feel like having a long drive, go down to Medicaps. A
very nice location just outside of Indore near Rau.
84. For all you food lovers, there are a lot of places mentioned above, still if you want a change go to Chappan Bhog on A B Road (near Dainik
Bhaskar). ItÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s a great place for variety vegetarian food.
85. For Non-Veg Lovers, Sarvate bus stand and Sindhi colony, Khatiwala Tank are the best places.
86. Visit Geeta Bhawan to explore your spiritual side.
87. Go to ISCKON Indore temple on Indore Dewas road : A Spiritual Center for the Development of Creativity and Genius. ISCKON helds a Lord
Jagannath's Rathyatra in Indore during the first week of January.
88. Go to Mr. Beans in Indore for a sip of coffee.
89. If you fee like having some drinks and fun with friends, visit Trans the Pub. ItÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s a disc with a kick!
90. Try e=mc2 restaurant for some continental food. Nice place to share some moments with your loved ones.
91. One of the special foods of indore is the Baked Samosa. Plain is good, but special is reaallllly special. They will cut it from center, put some
tomato ketchup and indori sev in itÃ¢â‚¬Â¦I canÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t explain in words. YOU HAVE TO TRY IT!
92. If you are at Sarafa during day time, try AjantaÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s sandwich. Its worth it!
93. Visit Kaanch Mandir in itwaria bazaar.
94. Speaking of Itwaria bazzar, go to the sabzi mandi, (the vegetable Market) and buy some stuff. Better yet, negotiate the price. Its fun!
95. Love Baked stuff? Well try some good stuff at any of these: Khurana Bakery, New Palasia; Sreemaya Celebration;Fantasy, Jail Road; Nafees
Bakery, Jawahar Marg; Bombay Bakery, Usha Ganj, Jaora Compound; Breakfast Need, Chetak Center, RNT Marg; Everfresh Bakery, Navneet Plaza, Old
96. For some nice stuffed parathas (ofcourse rich on calories and fats), try Rambabu ke Parathe at Janjeerwala Square.
97. For all you shopping freaks out there, Indore is THE best place for many things, including clothing. Try some sarees at N Jaanakilal, M G
Road; Ithlaati, South Tukoganj; Sudha Sri, Geeta Bhawan; Pakeeza, MG Road/ Cloth Market; Mrignayani, MGRoad, South Tukoganj; Hakoba, MG Road;
Sanskriti, Narayan Kothi.
98. For handicrafts and jewllery sarafa is the best, but if you want to beat the rush and park your car, go to Maniratn Jwellers, M G Road;
Alankar Jwellers, R N T Marg or Madhuri Jwellers, Bansi Trade Center (BTC). Punjab Jewellers is good place too, or Dilip Pearls, M G Road; Jaipur
Jewels, New Palasia.
99. For Leather stuff, visit Gagan Leather, Khajrana; Badshah Bag, Hathipala; Rafaels, 56 Shops.
100. Last but not the least, for all the health conscious guys and gals, here are some great juice shops. They have a variety of combinations to
choose from- Only in Indore - Kashmir Cold Drinks, Rajwada;Anand sree Juice Center, Navneet Plaza;Happy Cold Drink, kent Market;Nagauri ki Shikanji, Sarafa;
Ghamandi Lassi, Bus Stand/ Sapna Sangeeta Road; Heera Lassi, Sreekrishna Talkies, MG Road
101. And above all, if you donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t have time to do any of this stuff, just spend a few minutes talking to a real indorian. I am telling you, we are real fun! You would love it here! Infact, it was all the indoris who inspired me to write a 101 Indore.
Thanks to all for your kind comments and suggestions. We have tried to include most of the things from Indore here, but as always, we can make mistakes :) so if we have missed something yet again, please let us know and we will add it here.
You can comment here, or share your views in our forums. Keep visiting Indore360.
(Pictures by: Mahendra Singh Songara).